3M Primer K520, N200, 94 and 4298 are popular primers to be used together with 3M Double Sided Adhesive Tapes. By selecting the suitable Primer, it will offer you superior adhesion performance.
On the other hand, we have to use it correctly to ensure the best performance. Please see below for the general guidance of the application procedures:-
Application Procedures of Adhesive Tape Primer
4 Simple Steps to ensure the effectiveness.
- Surface treatment
- The surface must be clean prior application of primer.
- Clean the contaminated surface by a cloth with an appropriate solvent, e.g. Isopropyl alcohol (IPA).
- Select the cleaning solvent after testing as some solvents may irritate the part surface.
- Primer coating
- Coat the primer uniformly to the part surface with a clean brush, etc.
- The amount of primer coating varies depending on the material and surface condition.
- Drying time
- Allow the primer to dry. In general, the recommended drying time under room temperature is 3 minutes to 3 hours.
- Drying time varies depending on the ambient temperature and humidity, as well as the amount of coating. In Malaysia, the primer is dried about 3 minutes after the application in many cases.
- Avoid dusts, contamination and water, etc.
- If the primer is in doubt of contamination, please re-start the primer application procedures again.
- Tape attachment
- The tape cannot be re-applied, please ensure the tape is applied properly in one time.
- Apply sufficient pressure with a roller on the tape after applied.
- Do not touch or pull the part immediately after the application.
About Primer and Adhesion Promoter (more information…)
¦ 3M K520 ¦ 3M N200 ¦ 3M 94 ¦ 3M 4298 ¦ Primer ¦ Adhesion Promoter ¦ Malaysia, Selangor